WeatherSnoop

Product Support & Discussion Forums 

• Phantom sensors

• This forum is for the Davis Instruments family of weather stations, including the Vantage Pro, Pro 2, Vantage Vue, and Weather Envoy.
This forum is for the Davis Instruments family of weather stations, including the Vantage Pro, Pro 2, Vantage Vue, and Weather Envoy.
 #3477  by Perry The Cynic
 Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 am
Brand new Weathersnoop user here. I just set up my shiny new Vantage Pro 2 and pointed Weathersnoop at it, and everything is gloriously working. The only "extra" sensors I've got are the UV and Solar ones, so I checked that one checkbox and left all the other "extra" checkboxes unchecked in the Agent setup.

However, when I click on "Graph", I get a menu containing all the "Extra Temperature x" etc. sensors that I don't have anyway, and Weathersnoop publishes them to its website and through its REST API to Indigo (home control). How do I tell Weathersnoop to only use and advertise the sensors I've actually installed?

Thanks
-- perry
 #3478  by boisy
 Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 pm
Perry,

That menu doesn't filter out the extra sensors based on whether they are checked or not. We don't do filtering because there have been cases where customers have turned on or off a particular sensor for a time, and still wanted to access the historical data.
 #3479  by Perry The Cynic
 Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:35 pm
That makes sense. But what about the REST API? The Weathersnoop plugin to Indigo tries to adapt the data it shows based on what Weathersnoop gives it, and mine has lots of "Extra Temperature 3 = -9999" style entries in it. I haven't looked at the REST API in any detail yet, but how is one supposed to figure out what sensors are configured (and which aren't)?

Cheers
-- perry
 #3480  by boisy
 Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:02 am
The value -9999 is a sentinel value that indicates that the sensor is not putting out valid data. You can assume that if the value is -9999, then the sensor is not installed or configured.
 #3482  by boisy
 Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:45 am
Would you share who the plug-in developer is?