WeatherSnoop

Product Support & Discussion Forums 

• Plug-Ins Forum Welcome

• This forum is for discussion of WeatherSnoop plug-ins using the app's robust plug-in architecture.
This forum is for discussion of WeatherSnoop plug-ins using the app's robust plug-in architecture.
 #2056  by boisy
 Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:58 am
Welcome to the Plug-Ins forum for WeatherSnoop.

WeatherSnoop has a rich plug-in architecture that allows developers to extend the app in interesting ways. Feel free to share your plug-ins and to discuss topics related to the development of your plug-ins!
 #3085  by jgtracy@mac.com
 Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 am
I have been using the WeatherSnoop plug-in for indigo (home automation) and use weather events to control automatic features like lawn watering. I now notice that Indigo can no longer connect to the WS server. The need for such control is only relevant during warmer weather, so I'm not entirely sure when the disconnect occurred. I think it was with El Capitan 10.11.2 but may have been earlier.

Trying to trouble-shoot the cause for the disconnect and it appears to be with WS. I get the following message via the Web Server tab in WS Preferences:
Error starting HTTP Server: General CFSocket error

Now what?
 #3086  by boisy
 Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:01 pm
John,

What is the value of the port field in the Web server preferences window? It sounds like there's something already opening that port before WeatherSnoop can get to it.
 #3092  by jgtracy@mac.com
 Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 am
The HTTP port shows as 8000. The box to serve the weather data is checked, but the port number is grayed and isn't editable. I haven't made any changes in this area for years. When I click the "Server Page" number, I get a "404 File not found."
 #3102  by boisy
 Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:30 am
John,

Uncheck the "Serve my weather data.." option and you will be able to edit that field. Change it to 8002 or something similar and see if that works.
 #3125  by jgtracy@mac.com
 Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:04 am
Strange?? It now works and I have done nothing. Power went out a short time the other night and when I turned the Mac on in the morning, The Davis Weather station was recognized. The Preferences Server still shows Port 8000 and has the message "Server is running." I had done "Restart" <re-boot> before without benefit.
Cheers
 #3126  by boisy
 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 am
Some other application must have had that port held, which prevented WeatherSnoop from seizing it for its own use (and hence the error). When you restarted the Mac, I suspect that other program didn't run, and WeatherSnoop was able to obtain the port.