WeatherSnoop

Product Support & Discussion Forums 

• WLS-8000 not communicating with Wunderground

• This forum is for general questions about WeatherSnoop 3.
This forum is for general questions about WeatherSnoop 3.
 #3442  by boisy
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 am
Ok, that points to an issue with your setup. If the browser cannot see it, then WeatherSnoop 3 cannot either.

I would suggest looking at your Mac's IP address and subnet settings and make sure they are correct for the IP address of your WLS-8000. Use the browser test to see if you can connect. Once your browser connects, then WeatherSnoop 3 should be able to as well.
 #3443  by ACKWeather
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:49 am
boisy wrote:Ok, that points to an issue with your setup. If the browser cannot see it, then WeatherSnoop 3 cannot either.

I would suggest looking at your Mac's IP address and subnet settings and make sure they are correct for the IP address of your WLS-8000. Use the browser test to see if you can connect. Once your browser connects, then WeatherSnoop 3 should be able to as well.

Not sure what you mean. Sorry. Not very savvy with this stuff.
My WLS-8000 has an IP address of 10.0.0.17
It is connected via ethernet to my router which(according to my preference page settings)has an IP address of 10.0.0.1
The WLS-8000 is communicating its data to Wunderground.
My Mac has an IP address of 10.0.0.5 I believe.
Are you saying I need to change my IP address? Won't that change my mail and everything else that recognizes my IP?
 #3444  by boisy
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 am
It's possible that your network settings are ok. I was suggesting reviewing them, but if you're not comfortable changing anything, then don't.

There could also be some additional setup for the WLS-8000 that's required.

Ultimately this is an issue that you should take up with Texas Weather Instruments, since they are in a better place to support their own hardware. Verify with them that all settings are correct for communication to your WLS-8000. They should also be able to help you get communication established between your Mac and the unit. Once that communication is verified (using the URL in the browser as confirmation), then WeatherSnoop 3 should work with that same IP address and port number.
 #3445  by ACKWeather
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:36 am
boisy wrote:It's possible that your network settings are ok. I was suggesting reviewing them, but if you're not comfortable changing anything, then don't.

There could also be some additional setup for the WLS-8000 that's required.

Ultimately this is an issue that you should take up with Texas Weather Instruments, since they are in a better place to support their own hardware. Verify with them that all settings are correct for communication to your WLS-8000. They should also be able to help you get communication established between your Mac and the unit. Once that communication is verified (using the URL in the browser as confirmation), then WeatherSnoop 3 should work with that same IP address and port number.

Will do. Thanks